Customization is a gameplay element in Cattails. It allows the player to customize their cat's appearance. There are three customization types available: accessories, coat colors, and eye colors. There are currently 98 accessible coat colors and 13 eye colors.
- 1 Changing
- 2 Eye Color
- 3 Obtaining
- 4 Coat Colors
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
The player can change their cat's accessories, coat color, and eye color, by opening their inventory. The player cat's eye color can be changed by selecting Change next to the cat eyes icon. The player can equip accessories from this menu by selecting Accessories under the cat's portrait.
The player can change their eye color anytime. There are thirteen default eye colors available. The player cannot unlock or buy new eye colors. The player cat's kittens can inherit their eye color, their mate's, or both parent's colors.
Most accessories and coat colors can be bought at shops. However, there are other ways to obtain coat colors:
- Fulfill requirements (See: Special Conditions below for more info.)
- Early Access or Kickstarter backer
- Promo codes
Coat colors can be used to customize the player cat's fur. The player can change a Custom Colony cat's fur by using the Recolor Token. The Recolor Token cannot be used on kittens or cats from other colonies. A set of Kickstarter exclusive coat colors were available for Kickstarter backers or Early Access buyers only and are now unobtainable.
M = Mews
MC = Mole Cash
F = Festival Tokens
T = Task Tokens
Ember's Exotic Emporium
- Black - 90 M
- Red - 90 M
- Orange/White - 120 M
- Black/White - 120 M
- Blue/White - 100 M
- Light Orange Tabby - 150 M
- Orange Calico - 150 M
- Orange Tabby - 150 M
- Brown Tiger - 150 M
- Ticked Gray - 150 M
Delta's Guaranteed Goods
- Sand - 90 M
- Navy - 90 M
- Gray/White - 120 M
- Sand/White - 120 M
- Silver Tabby - 150 M
- Tortoiseshell/White - 150 M
- Tortoise - 150 M
- Mottled Brown - 150 M
- Blue Tortoiseshell - 150 M
- Cinnamon - 90 M
- Yellow - 90 M
- Caramel - 90 M
- Brown - 90 M
- Cinnamon/White - 120 M
- Ticked Brown - 125 M
- Gold Tabby - 150 M
- Bee Tabby - 150 M
- Calicomania - 150 M
Peanut's Trading Post
- Orange Cream - 150 M
- Ruddy - 150 M
- Zebra - 150 M
- Umbra - 200 M
- Pink Tabby - 200 M
- Ticked Cream - 200 M
- Regal - 250 M
- Dark Calico - 250 M
Molo's Mole Cash Shop
- Cowhide - 250 MC
- Mottled White - 350 MC
- Siamese - 350 MC
- Black Calico - 450 MC
Molu's Mole Cash Shop
- Pink - 250 MC
- Pink/White - 350 MC
- Candy - 350 MC
- Fiery Brown - 450 MC
Molay's Mole Cash Shop
- Frost - 250 MC
- Frost/White - 350 MC
- Frost Tabby - 350 MC
- Seafoam - 450 MC
- Spring: Pastels - 4 F
- Spring: Painted - 8 F
- Summer: Sunbeam - 4 F
- Summer: Sun Tabby - 8 F
- Autumn: Pumpkin - 4 F
- Autumn: Silhouette - 8 F
- Winter: Snowday - 4 F
- Winter: Glacier - 8 F
Task Board Shop
- Wind Tabby - 6 T
- Indigo - 6 T
- Daffodil - 8 T
- Basil - 8 T
- Neon - 8 T
- Ghost - 12 T
- Rainbow - 12 T
- Guardian - Finish the main quest.
- Smoky Blue - Get 250 to 499 points in the Credits Game.
- Burnt Tabby - Get 500 to 749 points in the Credits Game.
- Watermelon - Get 750 to 999 points in the Credits Game.
- Swiss - Get 1,000 points in the Credits Game.
- Kickstarter - Courageous Cat tier backers or up.
- Black Tabby - Courageous Cat Deluxe tier backers or up.
- Orange Bengal - Burmese Beta tier backers or up and Early Access players.
- PopCon - Cattails Indy PopCon 2017.
- Fire Bengal - Cattails convention 2018.
Coat Color Promo Codes
Promo codes never expire. The player can copy and paste the codes in-game using (Ctrl + V). Custom coat colors that were not created by the developers, were made by Kickstarter backers who paid to create them. They are not obligated to release their codes, and may choose to share it or keep it to themselves.
- Pink Stripes by Falcon Development & Beka - ICECOLDLEMONADE
- Peppermint by Falcon Development & Beka - HOLIDAYCHEER
- Hacker by Falcon Development & Beka - NICETRYHACKER
- Black Bengal by Falcon Development & Beka - SPOOKYKITTY
- Dark Purple by Falcon Development & Beka - PURPLESHADOW
- Pink Bengal by Falcon Development & Beka - HOTPINKBENGAL
- Cream Tabby by Falcon Development & Beka - SMOOTHANDCREAMY
- Blue Bengal by Falcon Development & Beka - DARKBLUESPOTS
- Aurora by Falcon Development & Beka - NORTHERNLIGHTS
- Fire Bengal by Falcon Development & Beka - CONVENTIONSROCK
- Phoenix by Heathcliff - DMAWZYVBQDVCWHE
- Cyan Tint by meowyn - JTQZNYQGCLSJBME
- Penny by jessimew - HPCNPBRFTTQPQCJ
- Lavender Lynx by Sarcastic Lynx - NRXBDQEVHKZWLCB
- Mossy by seri - BCSYPYDHLSKUVSN
- Blank by milma - ZKVGSFYULVMTGNQ
- Buebi by zumbi - NYZUVGDFFCBLXXC
- Delta by Delta - VJCDLAWZDSXCGXK
- Chocolate Bengal by ventriloquist - QCGFHATCGNNLYML
- Pirrone by piecey - YQQRWVQKJZJRWRL
- Lilac Point by friedkilamari - EBMGTAPVWAQLGUL
- Blood Tiger by castiron - NENDHNFNZXXDUTW
- Patchy Calico by Lillia21 - BZAYNAZRKTLJPVD
- Jo by scarth64 - XNWYLYVWVGZYFNX
- Blue/Gray by scarth64 - ZAAXTQTCMGJECNN
- Kodiak by DuckGoesRawr - UWPRPMNQPEQAMTJ
- Constellation by Emma Universe - QBCHEZBVBEWHRJK
- Dobby by darkmazer - GVMSBDUMPZBRLMK
- Starry Pelt by bear - GYBWTYRKDLGZYDY
- Flame by Tyrrlin - No code released
- Chimera by Mely - No code released
- Bad Weather by Badweather4cast - No code released
- Beef by Tom - No code released
- Lynx Point by Kevin - No code released
- Sentry by shian - No code released
- Cute Tabby by alisawhiteheart - No code released
- Wegie by alisawhiteheart's wife - No code released
- Salt/Pepper by unknown - No code released
- The “Hacker” coat color's code is a reference to one of Falcon Development's first games. If the player tried to name their cat “Falconstar”, it would change to “Nicetryhacker”.
- Kittens and re-colored Custom Colony cats do not receive effects given by certain coats (the translucency from Guardian and Ghost, and the color changing from Rainbow and Aurora).