Jag is cold and indifferent towards outsiders, but encouraging and honest to trusted cats. They are a loyal guard dedicated to protecting their domain.
Jag’s den is by the south town entrance. There is a stalagmite beside it, and a doorway made of sharp rocks that looks uninviting.
6 AM - Exit den, stand by south town entrance.
1 PM - Stand by west town entrance.
6 PM - Stand by east town entrance.
11 PM - Return to den.
|Food||Bluejay, Cardinal, Catfish||Black Hare, Crow, Dove, Licorice Root, Rabbit||Blackberries, All Fish, Frog, All Mice, Raspberries, All Squirrels, Toad, Winter Blueberries||Turtle Meat|
|Herbs||Catnip||Snake Lily||Lavender||Goldenseal, Marigold||Valerian|
|Bugs||Black Firefly, Lunar Butterfly, Northern Emerald||Lesser Fireflies||Lesser Butterflies, Dragonflies||All Ladybugs|
|Misc.||Diamond||Emerald, Gold Ore, Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz||Conch, Scallop, Turtle Shell||Iron Ore||Rock Debris|
- Note: The backslash (/) indicates new dialogue or a text break in-game. This is a sample of possible dialogue.
- “Who are you, anyway? You don’t look familiar. / It’s my job to keep cats who don’t belong here away from our homes! I’m the town guard for the Mountain Domain. / ...You say your name is (Name)? Hmmm, I think I heard someone mention you were arriving soon... / Alright, you’re off the hook for now, but don’t go causing trouble or I’ll be the one cleaning up your mess!”
- Jag, Intro
- “Scram, kid. / Go home.”
- Zero stars
- “Stay out of my way if you want to avoid trouble. / I've got an important job to do, so please leave me be.”
- One star
- “Huh? What’s the big idea?”
- Two stars
- “Hmm, it's just (Name).”
- Three stars
- “Did you need something from me, (Name)?”
- Four stars
- “Hey (Name). How are the borders looking today?”
- Five stars
- “Ain't much to say to you today. I've got a job to do.”
- “I’ve been guarding the Mountain Domain for many years now. / I swore an oath to protect this town and all its inhabitants. / Sometimes folks think I come off a little abrasive, and they’re probably right. Hard to do this job properly without some skepticism!”
- “Remember that trust has to be earned. You don't get a free-pass in life. / Especially not with me!”
- “They say raspberries grow near the forest to the southwest in summer. / I've never been down that way myself, so I wouldn't know for sure.”
- “If you find yourself in a battle, keep your wits about you. It's the only way to survive. / Find your enemy's weakness and exploit it. They'll be doing the same to you!”
- “Mind your step as you climb the stone steps up and down from the rock basin. They get slippery with spray from the waterfall sometimes. / More than one cat has slipped and fallen!”
- “Most cats around here moved into pre-built houses up on the rock basin. Not me. / I built my den with my own four paws. Hauling heavy boulders builds character. You should try it sometime.”
- “Steer clear of the border unless you like coming home with bruises and scars from a battle. / Those no-good cats that live to the south have been giving us all sorts of grief lately.”
- “Choose your friends carefully. They'll define who you become, (Name). / Seems to me like you want to become gruff and cantankerous from all the time you spend with me!”
- “Don't worry about leaving your stuff in your den when you're not around. Jag keeps a close watch on the town. / If any cat is trying to steal from any other cat here, I'll know about it before they can even finish their heist.”
- “Most days I prefer to be alone, but today I appreciate the company. What's the latest with you, (Name)?”
- “You're a driven cat, (Name), and I can respect that. / Just mind that you don't push yourself too hard, ok? There's a happy balance somewhere in the middle in all things.”
- “I don't have many friends in life, (Name), but I'm glad to have you. / You've earned my respect and trust.”
- “Keep up the good work, (Name). You're making your domain proud.”
- “When I was a kitten, the Mountain Domain was attacked by a raiding party from the north. / Cats surrounded us on all sides, pressing in towards our homes. My parents went out to face them and to keep me safe. / They lost their lives that night, defending me and the rest of the domain. But they kept us away from harm with their sacrifice by diverting the attack. / That's why I take my job so seriously. I'm the first line of defense from invasions. I'll never allow for a repeat of that horrible night.”
- Jag Gift
- “Remember to find a use for that thing I gave you. Don't let anything good go to waste!”
- Jag, After Gift
- “Some cat left something right outside camp today. I was going to give it to you, but it looks like your paws are full at the moment... / Maybe come back after you've dropped something?”
- Jag Gift (Full Inventory/Holding Item)
- “So many gifts from you today. It's starting to feel like bribery! I can't take this.”
- Gift Limit
- “Hmph. It means a lot to me, (Name).”
- “This is too good a gift for Jag... but I'll gladly accept.”
- “Oh, for me? Thanks.”
- “Hmmm? You're leaving this for me?”
- “That's not something I like.”
- “What's your problem, huh? Don't give me those!!”
- “Around these parts, we have to hunt for ourselves. Don't come begging to me just because you're starving, go catch something with your own paws!”
- Jag (Player Low Hunger)
- Jag, Foggy
- “I'm surprised you didn't mistake me for a frozen cat statue. My paws feel like ice!”
- Jag, Snow
- Jag, Spring
- “I'm celebrating with everyone else, but I'm also here to keep the peace.”
- Jag, Summer
- “I'm only sticking around for a little while. Then I need to get back to my post at the Mountain Domain!”
- Jag, Autumn
- “A new year is here, are you ready for it?”
- Jag, Winter
- “It’s my job to protect our domain’s town. I usually have to keep cats from your colony away from this area.”
- “What do you want? Don’t try to distract me from my duties!”
- “You’re not a Mountain Domain cat! What are you doing here?”
- Jag's portrait was used for a cat named Storm in early game versions.
- Jag's dedication towards the Mountain Domain comes from a said past invasion that their parents died in, protecting Jag and the rest of the domain.